Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cherishing Memories

Maaan…I feel like grown old now…
I’mnt glad of my 25+…
I’m pretty comfortable when I was in my early 20’s…the gud old days at IPT…

Every time I see somebody in Blue & Blue…
Every time when I see some one carrying C++ books…
Every time when I pass thru Shoranur…
Every time when I hear couple of guys talking about their teachers…
Every time I gottu see the white flag with red star….
Every time I see the Banyan tree….
Every time I see the Margin Free Market…
Every time when I see couple sitting face to face with slice of silence sandwitched…
Every time I get a call from Jabir…
Every time I see the innocent face of Shamim….

Maaaan am lost in some other world….
The feeling is so nostalgic to me…

I want those days back…


The golden shower tree.... near the first set of steps to the college premises.... She was a peach during her season.... The first look; the first identity of the college

The inner rectangle where the political wings tries to expose their strength with their outburst slogans..litterily frieghting the new comers….

Canteen….a little passway made out as a canteen….big undaaas, parottas at the size of the pappad…tea with a small tint of tea leaves (do they pour milk in that???)..One and only one bench to sit and crunch upon the ulli vadaaas..Dirty Kitchen, ruled by the shirtless chef!!!!

The auditorium.... venue for college events, meetings, seminars, association inaugurations and poetic renditions… where we used to hurl paper parings up the air in excitement.... and howl like foxes and bemock in disdain, when deeply commoved....Hey doesn’t it look like a cinema hall…Co’mon maan an announcement from the strong vocal chord of Suraaj...Ouch!!! that voice had made me uncomfortable many a time…The time , for the first time in my life, I faced a bunch of audience….

Lab....a forest of so called computers…lab assistant with a hawk eye watching out to catch small moles….hey, who’s opeing windows there??…do somebody looked at the real window at that time….maaan its jabir, springing himself down to close down the paint application he’d opened…Can u hear perturbing sound from the computer…yes it is Shaju and Shamim… vying their skills on the games…who’s is serious over there….Ha ha ha....its Mehaboob…he wants to complete the program b4 smitha or kinnan do it!!!

Classrooms.... in close proximity with allergic chalk dust.... the duster that served the purpose of a throw ball more often than it helped pass over the blackboard.... derelict desks and benches giving forth rhythmic creakings.... copy-paste exercises for assignments, test papers and practical logs.... Maan the pretty maths teacher…when she turns to the board for writing; at some angle; can we get a glance of seeing something….Hey remember the song of busted ‘That’s wat I go to school 4’…Hey see a little mob there at the last bench…can u hear a sweet voice…Muneer is singing…who’s scoring the BGM…maaan its sudheer proving his dexterity on percussion…kanda mani is also a gud drummist….Hey its disgusting…can u see some couple sitting together…I wonder wat they’ve got to talk this much….

Libraries.... Places visited when a new piece of assignement is on the cards....

College ground... little place to play with…full of soft rocks….. boundaries, goals, sprints.... at more ease than in classrooms.... we are all masters of the subject; so why attend the boring lectures?.... come we shall split into two teams for a round of cricket.... used to blame the 'imaginary' groundsman when he found easy ways to cut the grass and maintain it - set aflame the ground....

Yet, everything looked sinister when the exams came thudding the doors ajar....
Oops! I was lost in this talk with you.... It's four O' clock, come on, grab your bags and sally out....You can call it nostalgia, if you could reminisce instances like these from your experience.... My college was a beauty.... a sybaritic beauty.... Don't know whether all these are preserved there, and thence everything in past tense....

2 comments:

Roschelle said...

Harees

You made me smile,Made me think of my wonderful days in College at Bangalore.

The naughtiest,craziest & wildest things we did.(I still dont think any one knows the limits of patience and tolerance we pushed and tested there)

Regards
Roschelle

Harees Seni said...

Yes u r right Roschelle...Mischieves find no limits in college days...